1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Atlas

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zathrus, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Zathrus

Zathrus Vindicator Member

A company called "Boston Dynamics" has been working on creating a robot capable of duplicating the agility of the human body for several years now.

This is not a simple undertaking... the human body is very flexible and agile... it can do amazing maneuvers with good precision while maintaining balance. A human being's ability to maintain balance even during extreme maneuvers well enough to prevent itself from falling is the envy of the technological world.

I find what Boston Dynamics is doing both interesting and profound. They are trying to create something that has only existed in science fiction. The video they released two days ago is very impressive. I was surprised to see what this robot has become capable of doing.
    As one person who watched the video commented; "Humanity is another step closer to complete extinction…"

What the robot does by itself in this video is nothing short of amazing to me.
    enjoy

The developmental progress of this robotic system is quite amazing...it has become a bit of a technological marvel in my opinion.
    Most did not really think this was possible with our current technologies.... but technologies have been progressing faster than anticipated.

MaximusRudedog and TheBTron like this.