1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zathrus, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Zathrus

Zathrus Vindicator Member

Well yesterday they got one step closer to Falcon Heavy's maiden flight by completing a static test burn on the pad.

Tentative date for the maiden flight is Feb. 1, 2018

2. Zathrus

Ok, the Kennedy Space Center just put this up:
    Next Launch : Feb 06, 2018 01:30 PM | Rocket Launch: February 6, 2018 1:30 PM | SpaceX Falcon Heavy Inaugural Flight

SpaceX has a live video feed that should be interesting to watch, they have confirmed if it makes it up, they will be trying to land all three
    first stages.

TheBTron likes this.
  3. Davinda

Davinda Vindicator Member

In case anybody missed it, the landing of the boosters in tandem was awesome (starting at 8:30)

4. Zathrus

Excellent Video Davinda

I also reallly like this video of Musk in the control room showing his reaction to the take off and the interview after his success.
    I understand his reaction as many of you will also. He is correct when you have designed and/or constructed something like the Falcon Heavy you are keenly aware of every little thing that can go wrong. When it all goes right it is amazing because you know that very long list of 1000's of components where a failure by any of them will spell doom for the craft.

His reaction I think is priceless... and that of a man who is very aware of Murphy's Law.

TheBTron likes this.