1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An interesting cloud structure.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zathrus, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Zathrus

Zathrus Vindicator Member

Friday night (August 4rth) I was watching the sun set and as it did, a monsoon storm began approaching from the west.

Suddenly, a plume of "feathery" cloud appeared next to this storm. It quickly looked like a well defined mushroom cloud so I ran in and got my camera, but when I returned less than a minute later, this plume had morphed... into an interesting fairly complex structure. In person this was very striking and fascinating looking.

This interesting cloud structure persisted for several minutes with the sun lighting it from behind in sunset. As I said this looked amazing in person so I began shooting several shots of it . I think it is pretty neat I in pictures also.

I thought some here might enjoy them.

Clouds with complex structure can look like many different things to even one person, to several people the list gets longer.

I prefer to allow the viewer to see what they see but the cloud is projecting interesting shapes and shadow from a very complex internal structure.
    These pictures are taken over a period of about 10 minutes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally I saw it begin dissipating.

[​IMG]

and as it did it created more cool effects

[​IMG]